MLBTR is publishing Offseason Outlooks for all 30 teams. Click here to read the other entries in this series.
The needs are clearer than the means for the Mets as they enter a critical second offseason under GM Brodie Van Wagenen.
- Jacob deGrom: $130.5MM through 2023 (includes $20MM signing bonus, due in two installments on 1/2/20 and 1/4/21)
- Robinson Cano: $81MM through 2023 (excludes $15MM of remaining obligations owed by Mariners)
- Yoenis Cespedes: $29.5MM through 2020
- Jeurys Familia: $22MM through 2021
- Jed Lowrie: $13MM through 2020 (includes $4MM in remaining signing bonus obligations)
- Wilson Ramos: $10.75MM (includes $1.5MM buyout on $10MM 2021 club option)
- David Wright: $9MM through 2020 (excludes estimated $3MM covered by insurance proceeds)
- Justin Wilson: $5MM through 2020
Arbitration-Eligible Players (service time in parentheses; projections via MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz)