Photo by Rob Tringali/MLB Photos via Getty Images
The BYB staff looks at the week in baseball news from a Tigers perspective.
- We’re back with a rundown of the Tigers preparations for the Rule 5 draft. The short version? Yeah they protected just about everyone they could on their 40-man roster.
- The free agent rumor mill has been pretty quiet thus far, but we have a few ideas.
- The Tigers made ushappier by hiring new player development staff and hiring a doctor to start up a performance science department within the organization.
- The Astros are a problem for the league in so many ways at this point. We discuss the sign stealing scandal and wonder what’s to be done with these cheaty cheatersons. Here is Jomboy Media’s quick breakdown of the Astros sign stealing process.
- Finally, Commissioner Manfred has a few decent arguments for MLB’s minor league realignment plans, but overall this feels like a big middle finger from owners to just about everyone else in the sport. Manfred said recently that the owners wouldn’t pay for labor peace, which sounds like he’s daring the union to strike. Good times will no doubt ensue.