Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo hosted a Zoom press conference today with the media and addressed a wide range of topics.
You can watch the entire presser here:
A quick synopsis:
· He is optimistic on the negotiations, and is not ready to throw in the towel on a deal being reached.
· He remains optimistic there will be a 2020 season and is not ready or willing to “go there with regards to considering the 2020 season being scrapped
· He has not attended the workouts. The “working coaches” who throw BP, hit groundballs, etc. need to be there as priority.
· He detailed however how the workouts are conducted and players are being kept apart. Staggered small groups taking BP on different days, 1 pitcher- 1 Catcher at a time throwing bullpens, etc.
· Most of the players are in attendance in turns.
· Nobody in the organization, players or coaches has expressed reservation or is balking about coming back.
· Starling Marte will be there with the team once they startup. He’s been working out at home and will be back at facility when required to be back.